The Covenant Day of Love.
What is Love?
Love means to be deeply committed and connected to someone or something. To feel more than liking toward someone. It is a bond that two people share.
The word Love is mostly abused by the people. Today the love of things is been promoted by the commercials. You will be hearing I love my shoe, I love my dress. I love that bag. I love that car. I love my team.
However, Godly love is hardly promoted in this world. Godly Love is the true love. Is the agape love. It is unconditional love. This is the Love I will be discussing today.
There are different types of Love.
* Storge/ Philia Love is affectionate Love for family member without romantic attraction. The Love is called pragma or enduring Love or Familiar Love. However, if you see a boy and a girl from the same parent and the were kissing each and they were sharing the same bed, then, they have cross the boundary of Philia Love to erotic love. Sometimes we hear that some father defiled their own daughter or a boy sleeping with her mother. This INCEST has cross the boundary of familia love.
* Eros-This is romantic Love between people of opposite sex. Before one can date and propose to an opposite sex, be it male or female you must have Erotic love for that individual boy or girl. It is easier to differentiates between familiar love from erotic love. If your wife tells you that so and so person is my family members, you will know the truth by the language and the kind of play they have between them. There have been some cases where the wife will introduce an uncle to the husband, only for the husband to find the man in bed with his wife. Men and women need to be vigilant
* Mania love is an obsession love for another person. Mania is a mental illness marked by a period of great excitement or euphoria, delusions and overactivity. Mania love is an obsession with a man or with a woman.
* Philautia -Self Love or regard for one’s own happiness or advantage. It means the selfish person who love themselves only. Egocentric Love is thinking of oneself regardless of the feelings of others.
* Lupus Love is playful Or uncommitted love. It can involve activities such as teasing and dancing or over flirting, seducing and conjugating. The focus in on having fun without any commitment. This can lead to sexual activities and unwanted pregnancies. That is why there are too many Children born out of wedlock.
* Agape – Selfless Love. Agape is Greek word. This is God fatherly love for humans race and human for God their creator. Agape is the highest form of love and is contrasted with Eros,and Philia or brotherly love.
Today we shall be talking about agape Love. Unconditional Love. Divine Love.
Jesus Christ and Jehovah God are the perfect examples of agape love. The Bible help us to know that God is Love.
Therefore, agape love is God. Apostle John said,
“Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.
He who does not love, does not know God, for God is love.”
I John 4:7-8 NKJV.
Therefore anyone who did not have unconditional love for fellow humans are ignorant of who God is. That means, the identifying mark of believers is Love. The Love of God and the love for fellow humans. The LORD told Prophets Jeremiah saying: “Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you.” Jeremiah 31:3 .
Jesus said, no one can come to me unless the father who sent me, draws him. John 6:44.
It is the Love of God that converted people and bring them to Jesus for Salvation, for healing and for deliverance. Sometimes some people will be boasting how many people they have brought to the Church. No one can convert a single soul without God’s Love. If God did not ordained someone for salvation and brings them to Jesus for salvation, No human efforts will do. We have no reason to take credit for what God have done.
God loved the world so much and sacrifice his only son, Jesus , the Christ. Anyone who have faith in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life. (John 3:16) 1 John 5:20
Jesus said, I am giving you a new commandment, that you love one another and by this all will know that you are my disciples.
Divine Love is a new commandment that all believers should excises toward one and another. Love is the identifying mark of true Christians.(John 13:34-35)
King David recognizes how much love God has for his creatures, when He said: “How precious is Your lovingkindness, O God! Therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of Your wings.”
Love Remains The The Identifying Mark of Christians. Love made you and I to trust God.( John 13:34-35)
How do we demonstrate that we have genius love for one another ? Apostle Paul gave us practical meaning of Love. 1 Corinthians 13:4-8. He said:
1. Love is long suffering. Love is patient. Love endures all things.
2. Love is Kind. Kindness is a quality of being friendly, generous and consideration for others.
3. Love does not envy. Envy is an emotion which occurs when a person lacks another’s superior quality, achievement, or possession. In short envy is opposite kindness.
4. Love does not parade itself. Boastful
5. Love is not puff up, nor boastful or arrogant
6. Love does not behave rudely.
7. Love does not seek its own interest
8. Love is not provoked. Provocation is emotional reaction to negative events.
9. Love does not think evil. It doesn’t;t think of doing evil to anyone.
10. Love does not rejoice in iniquity. Love hate sinnin
11. Love rejoice in the truth
12. Love bears all things
13. Love believes all things
14. Love Hope in all things
15. Love endures all things
16. Love never Fails.
The Agape Love described above by Paul is unconditional Love. This is the type of Love display by God and Jesus Christ. We too should emulate our Heavenly father’s in displaying agape Love. It is called Divine Love or Principle Love and unconditional love. God rain upon the righteous and rain upon the wicked. Jesus prayed for his enemies. He also died for our sin while we are still sinning.
On the other hands, Human love is conditional. It is based on what can I get in return or retaliatory. Meaning what you do to me is what I do to you in return.
The conditional love was exhibited by people serving God based on what they can gain from God. Some people pray to God to kill their enemies, while others are praying for material blessings. These are not agape love for God but egocentric love. Thinking of oneself only without regards to God’s feelings and his desires.
The Love for God and the Love for humanity is the greatest commandments. Jesus told his disciples, “You shall love the LORD with all your hearts, with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment.
And the second one is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”(Mark 12:30) (Mathew 22:35-39)
In Summary, Divine Love is agape love. This kind of Love is unconditional Love shown by Jesus when he died for our sins. The Divine Love is long suffering and kind. It does not think of his own interest but have consideration for other people’s feelings. It is not boastful. Divine Love never fails. A servant of God has the responsibility to teach their member how to show unselfish love for God. As a believer, we are to emulate our Heavenly Father by displaying agape love to all humans regardless of their race or culture.
Some people had a bad experience in their early lives and they have developed a loveless and stubborn heart. They have the heart of stones. They don’t know what is called love because nobody show them love in their early lives.
For example some Children were born by unloving mother who threw them in the garbages. Many of these children were raised in government motherless homes.
What can they do to learn how to love and to develop a loving heart?
If you’re one of these categories of people who don’t know how to love? There is hope. There is good news.
God promised in the Book of Ezekiel 36:26: “I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh”.
This is good news for the people who will benefit from the new things God are doing. Given them of new heart will remove the heart of stone and to be replaced with a new spirit of love. They will have a three hundred and sixty degree turn around from being hateful person to a loving human beings.(Ezekiel 36:26)
In one of the final teachings of Jesus Christ, He said:” As my father loved me, I have loved you. Abide in my love. All believers has to be obedient to love one another. Because love is the identifying mark of true Jesus followers. This kind of Godly love never fails.
Receive the spirit of God’s love in the might name of Jesus. Amen.
Pray to God to give you a loving heart.
Pray for the grace of unselfish love
Pray for you MOG to teach people the principle of agape love
Receive the spirit of Love in the might name of Jesus.
1. Our goals is to win 101Million souls for Christ. Rev. 5:11
2. If anyone need healing prayers or prayer for anything. Call Pastor David Olaniyan at 973-902-8160
Please contact me at
The Global Evangelist
Jesus Witness Miniseries
Love Life and Power
God is Love, Christ Life and Holy Spirit is Power
Let’s share the goodness:
“Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me All the days of my life; And I will dwell in the house of the LORD Forever.”Psalms 23:6 NKJV
Let us pray for one another:
May the LORD Bless you and Keep You.
The LORD make His face shine upon you and give you peace, in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.
GO IN PEACE AND COME BACK WITH TESTIMONIES.